Ref: WDINT16 – Q1, 2016
eSpace is now welcoming applications for its 2016 summer internship program. We’re offering a 3 month Web development internship. This is an opportunity to work as a part of our development team, learning from us and gaining industry experience.
- Developing new web applications as identified by the supervisor and management, whether through packaged and customized applications, as well as creating unit testing for these applications.
- Assisting in the design, coding, and testing of technical solutions.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing web applications and internal systems by applying knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve the service provided to our clients.
- Candidate must be a team player, willing to teach and learn via presentations and internal sessions, and accurately employing our development tools.
Development qualifications / skills required:
- A clear understanding of web and system security issues.
- An understanding of Object Oriented Development with preference to programming in Ruby on Rails.
- An interest in current Internet trends, with specific interest in social networking.
- A proficiency in HTML and at least one scripting language.
- Superior skills in SQL is required; database optimization skills are a plus.
- Previous experience in the industry is a plus (0-2 years).
- Working knowledge of Linux and bash scripting are pluses.
- Mobile development is a plus.
Additional skills should include the following:
- An ability to establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Analytic thinking and a strong eye for details.
- Strong organizational skills and capability of taking initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills in both Arabic and English.
- Innovative and the continuous seeking of ways to impress others.
or send your updated CV to
with the reference included in the subject