Ref: SWDEV16 – Q1, 2016
- Develop new web applications as identified by supervisor and management through packaged and customized applications.
- Preparing functional and technical specifications/estimations in collaboration with the Team Leader.
- Participating in client meetings when appropriate and be able to discuss technical issues in a clear and positive way to non-technical audiences.
- Keeping fully abreast of latest thinking in all areas of web development.
- Conduct internal workshops on Ruby on Rails and related technologies best practices, tips, and techniques.
- Work with technical directors to evaluate and bring in new technologies and innovative functionality.
- Assist in code reviews of fellow team members.
- Lead spike solutions and quick prototyping.
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
- Participate in research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Pair, train and provide guidance to junior software development staff and team members.
- Attend conferences and workshops, both local and abroad, to bring new ideas in.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Over four years previous experience in industry.
- History of commercial web application design and development and exposure to the full project life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Clear understanding of web and system security issues and designing for best application performance.
- Knowledge of cloud computing, particularly AWS.
- Proficiency in the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Proficiency with MySQL or similar database technologies.
- Strong knowledge of caching techniques, particularly memcached.
- Experience in platform integration - building and consuming APIs under high volume, particularly with social networks.
- Understands fully browser specific compatibility issues
- Java stack experience is a plus.
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self motivated, organized, and highly initiative.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Able to promptly communicate with the team and project stakeholders
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills in both Arabic and English.
- Up-to-date with current internet trends with specific interest in social networking.
- Highly innovative and always seeking ways to impress others.
or send your updated CV to
with the reference included in the subject